Did you know?
• Sault Ste. Marie had at least one bat test positive for Rabies this year (ie the bat was INFECTED with the Rabies Virus)
• EXPOSURE to Rabies is when a person or pet has had contact with an animal that is INFECTED with the Rabies Virus (ie Rabid).
• EXPOSURE to Rabies DOES NOT EQUAL INFECTION with the Rabies Virus
• A pet that is VACCINATED for Rabies will NOT become INFECTED with the virus if EXPOSED to a Rabid Animal.
• Rabies INFECTION (ie Clinical Rabies) is 100% FATAL for people, pets and wild animals.
• For EVERYONE’S safety and peace of mind, PLEASE KEEP YOUR PETS CURRENT ON THEIR RABIES VACCINATION!!